|SASC Spring 2014 Recreational
- Registration for the Spring 2014 Rec season is now CLOSED.
- Please check back mid-May for Fall 2014 registration.
- Anyone who is registered should hear from a coach by March 12th. If you have not heard from a coach by then, please email the SASC Rec Registrar with your child's name and age group.
- The Spring season runs from March 29th thru May 31st (no games on Memorial Day weekend, May 24th).
- This information is for the Recreational Soccer program only. For details on Competitive Team registration, please see the Comp Registration Page
*** Parents MUST read this
prior to registering a child for the
Online player registration must
be completed by the child's parent/legal
guardian; no one can complete a
player's registration on behalf of a parent
or legal guardian.
Player Age Group
- Online registration is available by
credit card only; please have your
credit card ready during the
- Players with approved SASC scholarship
paperwork should register online. During
the registration process choose the
option "Scholarship Discount" in order
to activate your player's scholarship.
All scholarship players must have a 2013 approved scholarship application,
please email email@example.com
for instructions on how to submit this
paperwork. Your child will not be
permitted to play unless SASC has
received your child's scholarship
- Online registration is for players who
are born between 8/1/1997 and 1/31/2010.
- A player's "Soccer Age" is based on
their age on 7/31/2013
- If you need to check your player's
age group, please view the Age
- Parents can register their child for
the next older age group.
- Players who wish to play up more than one age group
MUST email firstname.lastname@example.org
to receive approval to play up.
- Only players with approved medical
reasons may request to play down. If you
would like your child to play down, and
have medical documentation, please email
- Parents must renew this request each
season to ensure their child is placed
- Proof of Age:
- Proof of age documentation is
required for all new players.
- Email a copy of the child's birth
certificate or a copy of the photo
page of their passport to email@example.com
as soon as you complete the online
- No hospital certificates or
foreign language birth documents are
- Digital Photo:
- All players are encouraged to
upload a current photo if no photo
is showing during online
- U12 and older players MUST upload
a digital photo in order to complete
- This photo must be a head shot
with no hat or sunglasses worn.
- The photo must be from the
shoulders up and must clearly show
your child's face. This will be used
for player passes.
- Your child will be ineligible to
play until the photo is uploaded.
Digital pictures only.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
with any questions regarding this
- No documents should be mailed to SASC.
- Team placement is done according to
coach preference, friend request, and
neighborhood. Because many coaches have
more requests than spots available, it
is possible your player will not be
placed with the coach you requested.
SASC will attempt to keep friends and
school mates together when a team needs
to be split due to over-subscription to
a particular coach.
- Practice location is subject to field
availability and coach preference. SASC
does not have practice fields available
at all locations for all age groups.
Please plan to be flexible, you will be
assigned a practice field somewhere in
the city of Sunnyvale.
- The only way to guarantee a specific
practice location or day is to be a
volunteer coach for your child's team.
- All refund requests must be made in
writing. Please state your child's full
name, birth date, and reason for the
- Refunds take a minimum of 4 weeks to
- Email refund request to: email@example.com
- Players who register for Rec and move
to a SASC comp team will have their
entire payment applied to their comp
registration. You must email firstname.lastname@example.org
if your player moves to comp.
- Refund amounts are graduated, based on
- On or before January 31, 2014: $90
- Between February 1 and March 29, 2014: $60
- No refund available after March 29, 2014.
As a parent of a player in the SASC Recreational Program, my family and I pledge to:
- Provide positive encouragement to my child and all team players.
- Support my child's efforts to be on time and be prepared for all practices, training sessions and games.
- Be respectful of all players on my child's team and opposing teams, coaches and referees.
- Watch games responsibly and refrain from giving instructions to participants.
- Not question the calls of the referee or the actions of the coach.
- Discuss all issues with my child's coach privately and at a time away from the game.
- Refrain from unsportsmanlike conduct including verbal or physical abuse of players, coaches, referees, and other spectators at practice, as well as before, during and after games.
- Help my child's coach whenever necessary, e.g., with setting up or taking down field equipment for games and practices.
Violent Conduct. SASC has a zero tolerance policy for violent conduct by players, coaches, parents or any other persons during any SASC activity. SASC Recreational Program activities include but are not limited to games, practices and meetings. SASC's Board of Directors will investigate any and all acts of violence. Penalties may include suspension or expulsion from the Recreational Program.
Smoking and Alcoholic Beverages. In accordance with the guidelines set by the Cal-North California Youth Soccer Association smoking and alcoholic beverages are prohibited at all activities sponsored by the SASC Recreational Program.
Coach & Assistant Coach
- All adults (coach, asst coach, parent helpers) working directly with SASC players must complete a Live Scan fingerprint verification/background check.
There will be no charge to the registering adults if they attend a Group Mobile Live Scan fingerprinting session. If you completed Live Scan fingerprinting with SASC before,
you do not need to be fingerprinted again.
- SASC will schedule Group Mobile Live Scan fingerprinting sessions sessions in February and March for SASC team staff.
Specific dates and times will be posted/communicated once confirmed.
- All adults (coach, asst coach, parent helpers) working directly with SASC players must also complete the CYSA online adult registration/disclosure form.
If you completed the registration/disclosure form with SASC in the Fall 2013 season you do not need to fill it out again. To complete the form please follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the following web
- Fill out all required information.
- In the "Organization" drop down
box please choose "Sunnyvale
- When you are finished, click on
the submit button.
- You will receive a
confirmation number. You must email
this number to email@example.com
- You will then receive a
confirmation back from the registrar
letting you know that you have been
cleared to coach.
- Please note - a Rec coach cannot receive any team roster information or contact players until he/she has completed the Live Scan background check AND been cleared.
Positive Coaching Alliance
SASC is a member of the Positive Coaching
Alliance. We expect all players, coaches,
and parents to abide by the rules of fair
play and to sustain an environment that
supports our positive coaching culture.