SASC Recreational Soccer Player Registration
This information is for Recreational Soccer Player registration only.
For details on registering players for a SASC Competitive Team, please see the
Competitive Player Registration Page.
For information on Coach registration, see the Coach/Adult Registration page.
Important: Online player registration must be completed by the child's parent/legal guardian;
no one else can complete a player's registration on their behalf.
Spring 2023 Registration
Spring 2023 Registration - Now Open
- Early-Bird discount is available until January 18, 2023
- Registration will close on February 15, 2023
- 10 game season:
- First game: March 18, 2023
- Last game: May 20, 2023
- There will be no make-ups scheduled for canceled games
- Games will be played on City of Sunnyvale fields. Older age groups (U12+) may play against other clubs in the South Bay which will require travel to away games
Age Groups / Team Formation
- Players must be born in 2018 or older to be able to register
- Teams are formed based on friend requests, coach requests and neighborhoods. We make every effort to accommodate all requests
- Birthyears will be combined to form age groups based on registration numbers
- Game format details and SASC modifications to playing rules can be found here
- SASC will run a special club practice program to support our volunteer coaches in the U6 and U8 age groups
- Each participating team will be assigned a timeslot on either Wednesday or Friday afternoons.
(Note - each team's volunteer coach can choose to opt-out of these sessions and run their own practice at a time/day/location of their preference)
- Our Director of Coaching (Andrew Ransome) will provide practice plans and live instruction for each practice session
- On Saturday, teams will play games against each other, led by their coaches
- See this page for complete details of the U6/U8 program
- Our program relies on parent/volunteer coaches, please consider volunteering to coach your child's team
- Coaches receive in-person training before the season as well as ongoing support throughout the season
- All required equipment is provided (plus a SASC hat/shirt to keep)
- Head coaches receive a 50% discount on a recreational player registration fee!
- Issued after season starts and successful completion of all mandated registration events
- Please let us know of your desire to coach by checking the box in your child's registration, or by contacting the SASC Recreational Director
Early-Bird (on or before January 18, 2023)
Regular Fee (from January 19, 2023)
- Registration fee includes a complete uniform
- Financial Aid is available. Please review eligibility and submit a request on the SASC Financial Aid page before registering
- Proof of age documentation may be required for players.
You will receive a separate emailed request to upload it if required.
- A copy of the child's birth certificate or a copy of the photo page of their passport must be uploaded.
No hospital certificates or foreign language birth documents are accepted.
Please contact email@example.com
if your birth document is only available in a foreign language.
Payment and Refund Policy - Spring 2023
- All refund requests must be made in writing at: www.sunnyvalesoccer.org/refunds
- Refunds can take up to 4 weeks to process
- Players who register for the SASC Recreational program and move to a SASC Competitive program must email
firstname.lastname@example.org and submit a refund request
- A Refund amount of $100 will be issued for requests made before February, 27 2023. Refunds requested after that date will only be paid at the discretion of the Recreational Director.
- Non-standard refunds (e.g. major injury, moving out of town, ...) are pro-rated plus a 5% processing fee
Registration Website Link - Spring 2023 Season
Please note - a player may not register for the SASC Recreational Soccer Program if they are also registered for any competitive soccer team (regardless of what club it is, SASC or otherwise)